Sunday, February 28, 2010

Course EDUC14: Reflection

This course was both enjoyable and beneficial to me. I was lucky to be a member of the social network “Engaging Students with Technology. My colleagues shared great technological resources and strategies that can enhance my students’ learning through the principles of Universal Design for Learning and Differentiated Instruction. Upon completing this course, I feel more comfortable with differentiated instruction. My students will be more comfortable with their academic skills since they will be obtaining their education according their academic needs.
Learning about how they obtain their learning is very important. Therefore, learning about brain networks was something really enjoyable and beneficial for any educator to help all learners acquire their knowledge efficiently. Learning about brain networks makes differentiating instruction easier for any teacher or educator because it helps me understand how students learn as individuals. Moreover, learning about creating surveys to gather information about students learning is noteworthy.
Next year, if I hold a full time teaching position, I will create a survey on Survey Monkey for my students to complete so I can learn about their learning preferences, and be able to implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning and Differentiation Instruction. To enforce communication skills, I will use blog and Voice Thread more in the classroom. In addition, there are many assistive technology tools we learned about in this course, which would be useful to support students with disabilities or special learning needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment