Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 8 Reflection for EDUC 6715

Although this course has ended, what I learned from it will have a great impact on my profession and on my students as well. In this course, I have learned about emerging technologies and their influence on my teaching career. I also developed a better understanding of how students learn; and the instructional strategies that meet their needs. The most exciting technology tools I learned about from this course are the multi-user virtual environment (MUVEs), learning modules, and digital games.

During week 6 and 7, we had to develop a lesson plan and implement any of the technology tools from which I mentioned. Digital games were my choice for this lesson. I realized that digital games could have a great impact on students’ tests grades, because today’s students cannot focus on studying for the test in the traditional way. When students study and practice what they learned using digital games, they become more motivated which will help them remember the information and ideas they learn to stay longer in their memory.

In fact, this masters program, from the first course up until the last, has enriched my knowledge, and helped me build my confidence in using technology in my classroom without hesitation. Although this program ended, I will continue the search for new technology tools that support the 21st century learning and that may improve our children’s education and prepare them for their futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment