Saturday, December 5, 2009

Evaluating My GAME Plan Progress

GAME plan is meant to provide self-directed learning to support lifelong learning process (Cennamo, Ross & Ertmer, 2009, p. 3). One of the most important tasks teachers do is reflecting back on the strategies they used to meet their goals. This reflection helps teachers modify their strategies for future lessons. Although, I looked up some ideas and activities which might relate to the students’ lives, implementing them into the classroom will be delayed until April 2010 when I will be holding a long-term substituting job for a teacher who will be on maternity leave. So far, I feel more confident about implementing problem-based lessons and integrating technology into my lessons. However, my only concern is whether my plans will be beneficial for the ELL students’ learning process. As for now, there aren’t any adjustments in my plan until I see the students and gather information about their learning styles and academic statuses.

Reference

Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2010). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

3 comments:

  1. It is important to reflect upon learning, like you wrote. It is also important to only implement new strategies when you are ready. Sometimes teachers get overwhelmed when trying new ideas that they get frustrated and quit. Don't worry if you can't do your project until April, 2010. Also, it is ok if you only do part of your project to test it out before fully implementing it the next year. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howayda,

    Reflection is very important when we think about teaching strategies and classroom experiences. With teaching you can always think about ways to make a lesson better or to connect with students. Even though your long term substitute job is in April being able to reflect and bounce ideas off fellow educators will keep you motivated and finding ways to make better learning situations for your students.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howayda,
    It is nice to see that you are really dedicated to your GAME plan. I am glad that you will be getting a long term position in April, that is very exciting! I am excited about PBL also and am anxious to see how my students take it on since they are in Kindergarten. I already get some questions that I would never think of, so with implementing PBL it should be interesting! Keep your head up and and your thoughts fresh for April!

    ReplyDelete