Thursday, December 17, 2009

GAME plan (week 7)

GAME plan is a plan to support self-directed learning. Teachers can also use the GAME plan with their students to promote their self-directed learning. As a teacher, I can help my students develop their GAME plan by helping them first consider what they know about the task and what they need to know in order to determine what strategy they need to follow to achieve their goals. Then they can set their goal for the plan as explained by (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009) In order for my students to achieve their goal, my lesson plan should help them meet their learning goal. I should consider what information and resources they will need to reach their goal, and what strategy I should use to help them achieve the goals they set. For monitoring their plan, I should consider if they understand the information they were provided with, if they can master it, and whether I need to modify my lesson. They will also monitor their plan by considering whether the information they have is helpful for the plan. For the evaluation, I can see from the assessment if my students mastered the skills needed, then I will consider whether to modify my lesson or not. When my students evaluate themselves they will consider whether they need to modify their goals or the strategy they used, and what they can do differently next time.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a good grasp of what will be needed to help the students choose their goals and then follow up with guidance. Whereas many others of us have chosen to guide the class to choose the same goals (helping us with time management and our sanity), you are letting the students choose their own. What a step out on faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howayda,

    I like how you are having your students chose their own goal to begin work on their GAME plan. Going through each step as they go will be helpful. I also like how you consider how you can help them to achieve their goal through your lessons. It relates to the whole philosophy of letting go of our traditional role of teacher and allowing our students to "own" their education. This allows us to become guides in their journey. Have your students done something similar in the past?

    Shannon Eno

    ReplyDelete